Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Bee



So, part 2 of my bumper edition blog post today is about Saturday, April Fools 2006. I'm afraid everything I'm about to tell you is true because I don't have to time right now because I haven't long to plan everything before I jet off to Italy for next week. I mean some people celebrate the end of big assignments with a cool pint; some go clubbing for all hours and some just sleep it off, yet I decide to try and plan/salvage my life - again. I have at least one or two of these days each year since...11 and I wouldn't have it any other way because I'm a closet control freak.

So, my day started at 8 am which was quite painful on a Saturday morning. But I was up and forsook breakfast packing essentials for a long day out: cash and cashcard, books for the train and a notebook and pen for whatever would happen for the rest of the day.

There's this new 'project' my friend has set up to start our own history magazine - I can't give you the name or address because then my cover would be completely blown which is a shame because I'd love people to check it out. Me my friend and these two other guys I barely know (one I know as Supreme Regina Spektor Fan so we're friends for life, and the other guy I know now is as geeky as me and lives outside of Zone 3) and went into Starbucks and had our first meeting as the "team", I guess. It involved a lorra laughs and hot chocolate and history gossip about Roman emperors and Monarchy and Hobbes and we were all on the same wavelength which made our ideas much easier and I was very reluctant to leave in the end but along with this new project I had to plan my career. Lol. I know. I 'm 17 I shouldn't have to plan this stuff but society forces us to make all these wrong choices when we don't even know who we are or what we "plan" to eat next week.



So anyway - journalist internships, heading features, big-ass media conferences, editing, working with art galleries, public speaking - its all coming up over the summer! So, on the 341 bus patting myself on the back for doing everything I needed to do when I got a text from my faghag Max and we went to the cinema in Kingston (only 30 minutes from Waterloo) and saw Failure To Launch which wasn't as tragic as I thought it would be and it was funny, but I wanted a lot more from SJP's roommate who was toxic but cool. (If I ever produced a movie it would be dark, funny and evil. Though maybe not as dark as Requiem For A Dream which fucked me up for the night).

I arrived an hour before the film and we just talked and cackled but we were both exhausted. I felt for him - he cried at this bit in the film where the Mom was talking about her husband which I understood because his Mum died last year in November (he went to school the next day. I hadn't seen him cry before then, it's just the guy he is, and he's in the year below me). Anyway on the bus we had 40 minutes to rest before we got to his house and he slept for most of it - I have a habit of chattering away too much when I'm tired and it was nice to mother him and let him sleep on my shoulder because I was always at a loss for what I could do for him. We got to his house and it was very nice, very white with fake white petals in a bowl and doilies even though its just him, his brother, sister and the gay straight-acting male ballet dancer that lives with them now. All the time I spent with him a lot of it was him trying to get me to stay over - I just don't know how deep the friendship runs so I kept saying no...it was just be us the whole night and that can get boring. I felt bad leaving because he was all alone in the house and he had no one to see you could tell he felt unloved. But I left, and got home at 11pm after planning to get home at 3pm so I could do some shopping and all of my homework. Fat chance now, I have to do it tonight, gahness. So I have to go pronto and if I don't a chance to post I'll see y'all April 9th.

Comment and stay beautiful!

No comments: