Thursday, February 09, 2006

Peace and Quiet


This is my favourite view of London, although this picture doesn't capture it's full beauty...because now the trees that line the bank have pretty blue fairy lights in the branches...and if you look on the side of the London Eye and Houses of Parliament the eye is lit up with red and green lights...I went into London yesterday and I loved the bus journey, as it went through Aldwych and launched itself onto the Westminister bridge and speeds over the Thames...

I've been feeling very lonely recently and ended up drinking some sneaky whisky with my turkey pasta tonight. I dunno, I just feel as if I can't talk to anyone. No one seems to tell I'm down, even though I'm trying to be obvious. I just want people to hug me/a good conversation. And just the fact that I'm trying to obvious makes me feel...queasy. It's not fair. Is it my fault that my friends simply disappear when I need somebody? I just feel like I'm being attacked on all sides from college (big mock exam and big 3,000 word personal project - so I'll be busy) from society because I don't listen to enough insipid modern RnB music, because I'm single and everyone I know has suddenly become busy on Tuesday. The way I see it, on Saturday, no matter what happens I'm going to pamper myself and buy lots of clothes for myself because people just aren't helping.

I'd feel safer in my cocoon if I could get some peace and quiet. Like at the library, trying to read up on Chairman Mao - pen clicking and cackling and whispering everywhere, including the odd bang and strange machine noises - I could barely work and I found myself wanting to strangle the girl on my right cackling about her boyfriend Brian who has a small penis - like I care! I just need a release/bitch/moan/cry/cut/hug/fight/vant and this blog is the only thing I can get through to at the moment. And in response to Lioness and my picture: I will get a picture of yours truly soon enough when I learn how to use a scanner...and take a photo :)

1 comment:

Lioness said...

Well THANK YOU, abt time!!

You are hereby forbidden to disparage yourself, you are absolutely darling, and I'd kill for your teeth and a face that would allow me to have longer hair without my disappearing. DO NOT LET ME CATCH YOU SAYING MEAN THINGS ABT YOURSELF!

Oh, you know what made me laugh? You send me a pic of you and some whitye girl and you feel the need to poin out which one is you - hysterical! I LOVED seeing you, if I ever go to London we must absolutely meet and do girly things - like going to Jo Malone's, am v v curious.

Smooch!