Friday, January 19, 2007

What kind of fuckery is this?!

(You see this wonderful picture of Regina Spektor? That is exactly how I feel. Exactly. That's it. Perfect)

If you ask what I've been up to, I've been quite a lot of old television. So far I've been getting into the first series of House, Xena the warrior princess for it being hilarious (script-wise and man-shouting-in-background wise) and most recently, The Twilight Zone - love it. I love the stilted narration voice, the black and white, the great acting, the simple twists, the fact that it requires your attention, and doesn't keep repeating things over and over again. I just love that.


Lots of things have been requiring my attention at the moment. Despite the prozac my moods move up and down, and staying in my uni sucks the life out of me. Really, the only thing keeping me going are my friends in flat nine. We went house hunting today, and went walking for ever looking for a house that will house 8 people...so, twenty minutes later in a part of manchester I did not recognise and the landlord not having bothered to meet up with us, we realised we had a long, long way to go. But at least I have my own northern family I can hug with and laugh with and watch movies with, dream of creating my own vegetable patch and creating lesbian-themed vegetable chillis (*gigglesnort*).


To tell you the truth, my life is readily forming into some sort of drama - you know, the ex-self harmer eating disordered black lesbian londoner lost and alone in Manchester which they really should do but don't. I say this cos I have interesting friends...and we have lots of drama, and loves and Bop-related incidents (Bop it! Pull it! Twist it! Ohhhh man, not good! Fucking jocks...). And I've been revising for my exams - 4 hours a day, which is 3 hours and 15 minutes more than I ever do for my exams. So surely something quirky and life-affirming is coming soon???


1) Eight gorgeous smart girls living together in Manchester


2) Got the token arab, token indian, token chinese, token northerner, token Londoner, token welsh lady, token black lesbian....


3) The token black lesbian is too lonely for her own good as everyone else on her course has managed to create cliques without even giving her a chance, meaning she has no study buddy...or any other kind of buddies for that matter.


4) Token black lesbian is listening rom-com songs everyday - we're talking motown! (Amy Winehouse, The Supremes, Aretha Franklin, Sam Cooke?...) A perfect soundtrack to a feel-good, "womynly" movie.


5) The cute lesbian token black lesbian has a massive crush on (she likes both Regina Spektor and Six Feet Under - these people practically don't exist!), has already snogged her gorgeous blonde straight best friend, and she boy troubles of her own.


6) Don't forget token black lesbian is a total clutz! (Knocked over someone's exam paper on wednesday...)


7) Token black lesbian has been having quite a shitty time but there are lots of changes round the corner (new modules, having to get a new job...) and surely, to prove true love does exist, shouldn't she find hers when she really needs it, especially as she won't dare admit how lonely she is?


I just don't know what to call the film...

1 comment:

https://imoapkdownloads.com/ said...

i wanted to say that this blog is interesting and wonderful. https://imoapkdownloads.com/