Monday, September 20, 2004

Writing Block

At the moment, I'm stuck with all the words I want to say. It's not ok because its been going on for too long: since I've made a poem, since I've added to my book, since I've taken a proper look at what's going on.
I've been so stuck in myself and I can't help it. Not awestruck. Ha. I think I hate myself more than I have for a while now. I'm just trying to write something new and interesting yet all my words are the same pattern. (the way I write is like knitting, but I'll explain that later)

College is cool. Today went well, despite being covered in bar-b-q sauce from Subway. I was thinking about all the cool people I've met, and I thought about everyone I left behind, and I didn't feel homesick, and I don't miss them the way I thought I would. I'm not wishing for the 'good ol' days' cause no one cared about what I thought, there were moments, but I had moved on and despite everything I'm loving everything about college. I'm so free and a lot happier here, I just am. I was never the rulebook type.

'No dear, it wasn't just a fuck!
I was, awestruck-yes-in her lovliness!'

--Well, that wasn't too bad, for a mini-poem. Rate it out of 10?

1 comment:

CarpeDM said...

Interesting poem.

Hating yourself is not a good feeling, believe me I know. I have done a lot of stupid things that I regret because of those feelings.

Look, I'm worried, okay? You talk about therapy but then you also say you won't tell them how you really feel. That's not good.

I'm glad you're updating though, there was a period of time where there was nothing and I was frightened.