Thursday, November 18, 2004

Shifting

I need to tell you about my training day...

Well, as you might know I'm a member of Childrens Express. This is a charity which a sort of learning through journalism sort of thing. It makes its money from members writing articles about young people which are published in newspapers/internet/TV (spec. Sky News). Some other members become trainers and they use their newly acquired skills to teach other kids about journalism, which I did last week. Was mucho crazy mad. Mainly because it was only my second training, I was leading it and it for a bunch of 11 year olds from Brent who were setting up their own website for the council. So, everyday after college I'd make the long journey from Twickenham to Kings cross which took an hour and a half, prepared and rehearsed with my team who had to leave early cos they were younger than me, and I'd stay down there till 7, home by 8:30, do some homework and literally collapse, hopefully onto the bed. My whole life used to be in my bedroom, now its simply the cutting room. And the sleeping place, of course.

Saturday came and I wasn't feeling too nervous, apart from my travel fare matters. I'm supposed to pay adult fare which isn't fair cos I'm under 18 and I can buy weekly fares at child rates, but not daily rates. I didn't get caught and I got there nice and gorgeously early, as did the rest of my team (K+Gh+Jo). We set up, and at our last rehearsal when they came. It all went really well, the pizza was nice and I got all my cues right, because I doing a seminar on basic writing for the web, which they took in well. I know all about what you should do on layout etc and that tabloids aim their writing at three year olds; but I still don't know how make links on the margin bit! Oh woe is me...oh and I treated my triumph with a hot chocolate from Nero with extra whipped cream and extra extra chocolate. I'm a lady!

Oh! And I'm a size 16!!!!!!!!! You know, when I'm really depressed, the idea with me nearly at the national average size....SIZE 16 !!!!!!! I haven't even been dieting. I just eat two apples a day, because of my cravings, lots of water. I've been living a lot as well. Just not bothered to eat. Although, I must say I cannot shake my cravings for the giant chocolate cookies from Tesco-they're so oaty...

As you can tell, I'm quite cheered today. I gave Richard a weird crappy short short story with I'll publish soon, which means I really like him. Or starting to trust him in a strange roundabout way. A lot of the time, when I'm being personal (such as during creative writing where I sang Halo by Texas) I can't look him in the eye because his opinion is starting to matter to me. It's easy, too easy for your mind to slip over facts, such as I who has known Richard for two months. It feels so much more...timeless than that. College feels timeless. I've written my first review for the College mag(For Scissor Sisters-will post! Whoo, I have lots to post now...).

Oh, god more stuff. Due to suspiciously superstitious circumstances (ie: walking under signposts) my gorgeous trainers which I only bought four months ago fell apart. Got nice cheap purple/pink replacement. More stationery, new diary-my other one disappeared and I'm too flighty about it to really worry. I have a crush on this tomboyish (yet straight) red headed girl, and I literally can't keep my hands off her-I've no control over them now. My classics class are starting to notice but thankfully, she hasn't. Anyway there's a little essay I've put off for nearly two hours...

Don't you miss long blog posts?


No comments: