Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Something I love

A little project. I want to write something brilliant for my creative writing club in the New Year. Moreover, I want to write something happy:

I wish to write about everything that there is impossible to write about. I love to write.

You see, when I want to express myself all I have to do these days is put pen to paper. I don’t even have to write something substantial. And then all my crap, all my feelings are made into something useful, something that I can look back and call upon.

For me, writing puts things into such great perspective I almost get a feeling of vertigo, and I remember that there are so many things I love, though sometimes it appears to be so little. Maybe it’s a case of a “whoa!” factor of my Storybox. Its basically a file folder thing in which all my poetry, songs, stories and good random stuff I want to be remembered for is put into. Now, I’ve made one every year, in the second or third week of June for 5 years.

But you know something I would love to be able to do? Write Slash. It’s the most brilliant art form in a way, fanfiction for its does put your creativity to the test. Its not your baby, and you different expectations to the original writer, and you would have a different style that could ruin the whole plot. The writer of fanfiction cannot just put their head down and get to it. They have to keep all these things in mind, and write like a novel: lots of dialogue, development of character, maintenance of plot without alienating the readers who already have an expectation of the background, history of the characters and their assigned personalities. It’s a tough gig. But once you get into it, its magical because you already have a fan base and its always spellbinding to see what is possible in an alternative universe of a story such as Harry Potter, an what could happen in that alternative universe. Oh, just the thought of it makes me giddy.

1 comment:

Serialangel said...

Can't help it. I live for it. But I don't know if I'd be able to live on its income one day...