Sunday, January 22, 2006

I Wish I Had a Camera



Today was my resting day of the week; I'm supposed to have a day each week where I can do whatever I want - doctor's orders, so I tend to forget, hehe.

But today was a really beautiful winter day - where the sun is really bright and it makes the frost shimmer and twinkle, like fairies. It was a welcome sight from yesterday when I went to Kingston with Ric and Alec and Anna to go this Americanised version of Harvester, which was alright if I wasn't having one of those horrifying bus days when the bus just doesn't come and you end up walking forever towards home hoping for a break, or when you wait for a bus thats making you more and more late until a packed one squeezes you in. Ug, I hate buses sometimes. Let me ride a train anyday. Anyway at American Harvester I got some news from Ric about his new dating prospects. We ate together the day before that talking about how much of a disaster his new date-person (he says they're not going out) was being and how awkward things are and that he's still in love with Rene. But then he announces that she invited him to Leeds Castle! I mean firstly, I didn't even know Leeds had a castle, secondly it's kinda like - big deal, weren't they 'breaking up' anyway?? And they're not even speaking to each other and aargh! I felt bad for being all 'whatever' - I think it's because I've been fighting against a crush on him for over a week and it's very annoying/distracting/dreamy, mainly I'm supposed to be a lesbian, right? And I am - 90% lesbian. I think I'm getting feelings because he's so fucking charming and he doesn't know it. And Kingston was miserable overall - I had never been to such a quiet place on a Friday night, but of course there was bladdered people at my bus stop of course - before 9pm, as well - because the British get pissed more often than they brush their teeth.

So...when I woke up this morning and my room was bathed in wintry sunlight, and I felt more light-headed and rested than I had in weeks I thought that maybe I could do something interesting today. Dad was in his gardening mood - he's been depressed recently, mainly because of me and the weather inspired us to go shopping for planting thingies. But on our way to Homebase we got lost and found this wonderful garden centre next to a rugby club, which made me feel like a Country bumpkin which was frankly unsettling. But the plants were gorgeous - they had these gorgeous fragrant climbing roses called Penny Lane which had this gentle tinge of pink all over it, which we're having next to another set of climbing red roses, also gorgeous. I know it's very geeky of me to love plants but I think some are just beautiful - the sprightliness, the sumptuous of colour and their iridescence in the sunlight or the moonlight it's what nature intended after all, even if it wasn't for us. And the smells...the place had everything - goldfish, candles, hoes (that got your attention, eh?), rabbit food...years of doing all of these Dad-like Things With Dad made me want to be able to grab out at the smell and stuff in my pocket.

We decided that since the plants we bought were safe in the boot we could go for a drive. Dad's been trying to lose weight for...ever, really. He got big when he was with Mum and his weight has been way up and quite down ever since, but now that he's older it's affecting his back, so he's trying to walk more, but still prefers cars anyday. But that didn't matter as much because a little lost again and found this place called Bedfont Lakes, and decided to get walking, even if it was more 30 minutes. The lakes were beautiful. The first we went by had a small opening between the marshes/reeds and had a beauty of a swan drinking the water. It's frame was perfect, with the tall reeds creating a perfect rim, like some kind of friendly stay-the-hell-away-barrier around the lake which had some sort of smooth...thickness created by the winter sun as if it was a chunky soup that had been pureed. The sky was cold and crisp and it was such a perfect picture. God, I wish I had a camera.

Today was a good day, I really enjoyed it. I watched Dad place the roses in their final growing place and had a weird moment as I was so low on blood sugar I began to shiver all over and could barely move and had to have too much food to think straight again. And, we unpacked the last two boxes - Photos and one I labelled General Crap. We are officially Moved In, if you don't count the shed or the loft in the old house. Oh, and did you hear about the whale in the Thames? I should have gone up to London, the sight was amazing on the news. I really should start carrying round my camera round, but you don't know when beauty will step on your toes and blow you a kiss...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi it's Luce - fallen_child from RYL. Just read the first entry because you linked me here in a PM. *Waves* And thanks for the PM =)

Lioness said...

Quickly, is that you???

Serialangel said...

No! I'm black, remember?

Lioness said...

I do remember, she looks black-ish, mestiço anyway, I thought it might be you.

[HEY! BTW, no fair, still don't know what you look like, isn't it abt time you sent me a pic of yours? Please do!]