Sunday, May 22, 2005

Blog-0-Versary

Tomorrow, on the 23rd of May will my first Blog-0-versary!! Woo-hoo-oo.

Right now, I'm celebrating by wearing a face mask - raspberry mud thing from Superdrug, a bargai at 99p. I also feel as if I'm experiencing what it'll be like to have botox. It does not make me feel younger, even my birthday is next month, June 5th. I'll be 17....sweetness. I also pledge to never have botox. I will always prefer to grow old disgracefully than growing young hopelessly...

*washed off, skin feels rubbery. Ah well*

I always wonder why I started in the first place. Well, for one thing I'm eternally grateful for, I've met so many inspirational people like Lioness and CarpeDM, got to know my best guy mate, Nik, better. I've read some great stuff from Waiter Rant and Suburban Lesbian, and the Underground one is definitely a laugh.

What I've also learnt is that bloggers are everywhere. You're friends, enemies etc, etc. You could at the end of a crap day at college and then you'll find some kids have got hold of the Underground song on their mobile, and you listen to all the swear words waft through the bus. Your life gets that little bit more interesting because now you have to look at it in a totally different way so that you can report on it. It's all a load of articles on your life, without sounding too pretentious, I hope.

Today, I'm supposed to plan the economic side of me and Ria's gap year in the North of Europe - Iceland, Norway, Finland, Sweden and then maybe some stops in Estonia, Moldova, maybe even a night in Prague cos it's so damn romantic there. It will be a dream. But this dream ain't gonna be cheap. So I'm off to find out...

And hey, if it all goes to plan I'll putting any Swedish I may casually learn to use next year! Yes, I graduate from College next year! Next year I'll be going to college. So you'll understand my arghness when I think about the year 2000. I was 12, for godsakes, I hadn't even done my SATs yet and everyone thought I wasn't a good enough writer. I've spent the last five years proving people wrong. It's probably one of the things I enjoy most in life. Also, I was graced with the Nu-metal bands - Limp Bizkit, Sum 41, Linkin Park, and other bands like The Strokes. Remember them? They were the saviours of rock. They were geniuses, they were nang, they were pioneers, you had to love them. Where are they? Doesn't it freak you out that there was no Coldplay, no Dizzee Rascal to think of six years ago?

See, moments like these, when I'm up all night looking at universities and words I don't understand like economics and seminars and preparing for AS levels, I think of five years ago, when I was afraid I wouldn't be awake the next morning, and liking it, and where I was in love in Eminem and I was perfectly straight and a perfectly good drawer. I was even thinking of sculpting, or was it fashion designing. You gotta love the yesterday.

3 comments:

CarpeDM said...

Congrats to you on your blogger anniversary as well!

This rocks!

Looking forward to hearing about your trips with Ria. And not planning on wearing that face mask.

Lioness said...

Happy Blogoversary! I'm happy you get good things from it. Have loads of fun!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your Blog-O-Versary! Hope your trip to Northern Europe will happen, it's lovely here :) I live in Finland and I'm always happy if someone visits this country. Sweden and Estonia are also really nice places.

About White Horses, I haven't been reviewing with my registered name. And well, I haven't been very active on posting... But WH is my favourite fanfic. Really worth reading!