Friday, July 16, 2004

Another Day At The Office

Yesterday I was working at Oxfam again. We met some cool people: a really shy guy who gabbled a bit about some vinyl records he wanted and disappeared, a man who asked for 'Blue Movies' (I still can't believe he actually asked me!),  a postman who kissed the shop window cause he thought Jess was fit (which she is) and a load of mistakes by us throughout the day (I still can't use the credit card machine properly, lol) and a BBC journalist who wanted to mention us on the BBC london show. They're doing this thing about the little gems in the city, Oxfam Music shop included. Tom (the manager), rattled on about the shop. Apparentely its the only 'music' shop in London, because the others sell books and other non-music things, they were talking about the roadshow (they're coming down to Ealing Broadway on the weekend of the 28th August-just after my GCSE results, I've noticed-less than six weeks away!). It's great to be part of a brand of people who actually enjoy their job.
 
Cutting...has gotten easier(to resist). I was talking to a great friend of mine who didn't understand depression because he's quite a happy. I described it as something that chooses you, and you can't control it, you can only cope with it...
 
Their reply was simple, but like a lot of the things they say, it kinda stuck. They said that I described it was something that controlled me, but that didn't make sense because depression doesn't control me, I control myself. And that stayed with me, because it made this monster in my mind I used to battle with everynight look like some fake kid in a dress. That I had no need to be scared. Cheers, mate.
 
Today is an off day. Tomorrow I'm going to a birthday party, then on Sunday I have my Oxfam job. Then on Tuesday is the HIV conference, Wednesday I'll probably spend writing up, and Thursday is another interview/job combo. Friday or Saturday I'm going out, then I've got my Oxfam job on Sunday...I love being busy, otherwise I'd just go stir-crazy and bitchy crazy. And I've got these horrible cramps and galaxy hazelnut (my usual medicine) isn't working-damn thing...
Lets call this a happier post.
 

1 comment:

Serialangel said...

Please Post Your Comments Here!