Sunday, July 18, 2004

Ivy

-I just like the word, its seductive...
Anyhoo, I haven't written in a couple of days, I think. I'm really tired. At last, days of staying up till 3 in the morning has taken its toll. I can't help it, it just seems to be the time I'm most creative/stubborn.
Oxfam was cool. The moment the guy I was working with left I messed up the machine and it took me forever to fix it, which left me tense all day. Aargh-my horoscope warned me last night and I decided to just not listen to it, and I tend to read it every day, just to be prepared, safe in thought that people choose this as their cradle of safety, and I lull myself into a false sense of security. The guy I worked with was interesting-he's introduced me to so many different artists. i heard of Roots Manuva, but I was watching out for MC (Tony?) Rotten. I had heard of The Roots, but I didn't know they were so good. Same goes for MC Solaar-if anybody got any translations of his songs-please, please, please send me a link.
The day before I hanged with Ria, Little Meg, and others: people who used to be my 'friends' but we weren't bothered to pretend any more. Everyone kept showing off on their guitars and Ria was a little frosty to Ciara at times, but apart from that, nothing much. I stayed till quarter to 1am cos I just didn't want to leave her side. I'll write more later, because I'm reading something else (Harry Potter Slash-what else?!), so watch out for the update. Oh, and this site might interest you. He's a great black political writer, and this site says it has some of poems but I haven't looked thorugh it yet: http://www.gilscottheron.com/ . Enjoy!

No comments: