Friday, July 30, 2004

Update

My life feels...different.

I can't tell how, or why or exactly when it happened, but I have been injected with a large dose of 'fearlessness'. I'm a massive fan of the Fearless series by Francine Pascal. Yes, she's the person who wrote the Sweet Valley High books. I will never forgive her for that. But, I think for all the sickly sickness its turned into delightful dysfunction with her Fearless books. I'm on number 18 when everything changes-would it surprise you if I told you that I've been searching all over Ealing for this book like a month...it shouldn't. I am a total book freak. I have little orgasms over finding the old book that has been revered and recommended, like when I found Martyn Pig after searching for it for three years...or was it two? Ever since it came out anyway.

Anyway there's a description when Gaia is face to face with some menace or thug or something and she says she feels a buzzing sound, where fear is supposed to be and there's adrenaline instead. I think thats where I am at the moment.

Last night I was so ready to come out to my brother. It really was one of those long nights when time is stretching out like a lazy cat (I wrote a poem about it. I have like 8 poems to write up now..) and I really needed to talk to someone because I was going mad and...I'll write up what I wrote later.

Also, I'm entering a BBC competition-its this thing in Edinburgh so I doubt I'll win, but its nice to write simple short stories. I actually wrote two (well, 1 and three quarters.). But you know what I hate about story competitions? Word limits. It just restricts the creativity. I understand if they don't want overlong stupid epic pieces, but 500 words?! More like 600, or eccentric numbers like 628.7, cause writing is eccentric, good stories have good styles, eccentricity. Or just out and out madness-its all good. Anyways, if I don't win, I'll post the story and get you're opinions. I gotta go to Childrens Express-later! 

No comments: