Wednesday, July 07, 2004

The Troggs

Remember them? Well, I bonded with my fellow workmates whilst Jess (unbelievably fit with very low cut top, I had to look squarely at-her-face all day) put on the best of The Troggs.

I had two big teen things today: interview with one of the colleges I might go to (Richmond)and spent two hours there, talking over my options and getting my timetable sorted. The people are so nice, and the course sound so great, but if I can't get there then there's no point...

Anyway, my main concern with college is deciding on my courses. My core three are: English Lit+Lang, History and Politics and now I'm trying to choose between Classical Civilisation, Psychology and Philosophy-I can only choose one or the other, or the other one! Damn 4 AS syllabus...

I was talking to so many teachers, taking in so much information about philosophy and all this future stuff it was giving me a real headache. But we left, with a load of papers, more confident about the future than usual.

So, I went home, slept and had some cornflakes, and went off to my new job. Oh, doesn't that sound great? When I told Mrs Lyons, she was more excited than anyone, said that I'd be more busy and I'd have some structure to my life, which would help this no-cutting business smoother. I'd like to think so too. So why, on Sunday, the night before I got the volunteering job, did I cut myself? Time will tell that I finally snapped. (there's a battle going on in my brain, and I lost that night.) Sigh, the freaky thing is, that I can't feel a fucking thing. The moment after, I felt as if I'd overdosed on painkillers or something-total calm, it was so surreal. Lyons says it means I don't feel as guilty, which is a good thing cos it breaks the cycle....what's done is done. And thats the last time I see Mrs Lyons till September.

Anyway, my job at Oxfam Music shop? I love it, I really do. Its a bit boring at times, but thats because not enough people come down and buy CDs-we have loads of great artists-Ok, total plug, but its on Ealing Broadway and the people are lovely...The best bit was that you chose the music they played in the shop. Today we had some soul compilation, Natalie Imbruglia(I must get that album...), The Best of The Troggs (they did Wild Thing, but they have lots of great songs), then it was, T'Pau(Not my choice), Glastonbury CD thingy, a folk band then The Best Of The Stranglers who I love now-Ooh, ooh and Janis Joplin-oh, she kicks arse and then some...

So, I'm doing another shift on Thursday with some guy who apparentely isn't too sociable, oh well. Things, are sort of looking up. Now, I'm going to read some slash, get my round some things and prepare for the rest of the week.

No comments: