Sunday, July 11, 2004

Antidestablishmentarianism

I've gone down a dress size!! I am now an (almost) acceptable size 18. I tried on a pair of jeans, they fit fine and my arse looked great! So that was my day, lol. I bumped into my friend Lisa and I went to her house. On Tuesday it was (feels like a month ago), I was at her house when I told her I was going to come out to my Dad in August. She gave me a bit of a going over: "Are you absolutely sure?" "You know, this is your last chance.." Which did make me think, along with her ideas and all. She says that I might be gay because:

I only hang out with girls (not true)
My dad is too strict
I haven't got laid, and am behind schedule

I don't think its any of that. Its mainly because out of almost all the guys I've fancied, bar two I chose to fancy them. Does this make sense? No? Ok, let me explain:

* You can make yourself fancy a person, if at first you feel neutral about them
* Then in my naive state, the moment, they were nice to me, I create a world
* In this world, I allow myself to fancy this person. They are perfect.
* I am clever (bored) enough to stay in this fantasy and the fantasy Betty fancies.

Its very surreal, and I've only just realised this today on the bus to Primark. Obviously, there are some people you can't help fancying, but the neutral, boring people, you can fancy. Its how I've managed to stay straight for so long, but you can't keep a gay gal down. So, I know, really, 100% know that I'm gay and that although comiong out is more or less 'No Way Out', I can handle it. Its me, and I'm so comfortable with me I barely consider it these days, which is strange because I only realised I was gay last September. i move way too fast for my liking. Will add later, tired, and I have to take my hair out and i want to eat ICE CREAM.

No comments: