Monday, October 11, 2004

Star Guitar

I have loads of homework, emails to write, people to respond to, stories to read. But I can barely stand up, let alone write an essay. I'm exhausted.

Woke up at 8am with every intention to make today count. I kinda did-had one of those when you feel that someone you thought you were getting on with hates your guts even they aren't being shitty to you..which made me uneasy, but I didn't have time to dwell on it, because I'm starting my CSPA (community sports leader award)-I'm going to learn about sports and how to coach. This means doing the bloody sport itself. And since I was by far the most unfit in the class I was all out of breath and annoyed with myself. I'll get better-I'll have to if I don't want to keep
embarrassing myself...

At the end of that, I luckily had a 15 minute break before my first partners' scheme thing, and by now I was nearly having tremors cause of my low sugar level-my yoghurt fixed that. Then I went to partners' scheme, determined not to feel sorry for the learning disabled children like my friend did. It was an art class and it was fun. I had to work with this girl called Kim who kept dribbling but she had a great sense of humour and made a great monsters mask for their trick-or-treat thing. I rather liked them-they were really nice and friendly and sensitive. So that was cool. Then I sneaked a 10 minute break (had a cookie) then double classics where I really did try to concentrate but I ended up thinking about Disney stuff (I was talking about it with some of my Classics friends during break); now then I got a crappy 6 outta 10 in my first mini essay about what Greek/Romans have done for us. Compared to my 42/50 mark in my English story h/work, its pretty dismal. I'm gonna have to work my butt off there.

Then I met some people from CSLA at the train station and we got chatting, and it turns out she lives right by me in a really nice estate in Wembely. We might even go to the Freshers' Ball, though I'm not sure because I'll be stumbling out with at 2am in Brixton, but they say its fine and they;ve never had hassle-gotta get my Dad's permission first though.

Had to walk from Wembely station, made dinner, read emails (not able to make response to comments and emails because my brain won't do you justice. I'm certainly not a genius-I'm a potential genius who hasn't proved herself yet because I didn't get 8 A/A*s in my GCSEs, though I did get a level 8 in English in year 9, which gets me in the top 1% of the country-in that year. I've probably fucked it all up now!). Collapsed in extreme tiredness, I'm about to leave y'all cos I gotta at least start my questions or thats not commitment. *blows tired raspberry...but I am happy for getting through today, especially Partner's Scheme. I really enjoyed myself, but I might get another time because I'm not really doing much...can't stop working me...I'm only Sunday's Child...
But I'm too tired to be depressed because adrenalin is the only keeping me from keeling over...and they aren't depressants, so consider myself satisfied for today...

(Oh, and all you British people: SPOOKS! Its british spy series show thriller--thing which rules and has the best cliffhanger(the mother of all stitch ups on the characters-not the audience) the main character shot his boss and is supposed to be dead. If anyone watched it, cast your mind back, the lady in there was the one in Tipping the Velvet..yes, her-wasn't she hot!? She's in the show. Watch it-BBC1, 9pm...)

1 comment:

CarpeDM said...

You sound better. I'm glad. I haven't had a chance to read a lot lately so I feel as though I'm neglecting you (which is stupid, I know, but I'm always wondering what's going on with you and how college is and whether you are cutting again) and then I can't get to a computer because I'm in training so I worry.

Anyway, I'm glad you're doing better. Don't kick yourself too much about the mini-essay. I remember my first paper in college and I was freaked out about how I got a C on my paper when I was used to getting A's in high school. College is a lot tougher.

I've got to get back to work but I wanted to say hi. Hi.