Sunday, October 17, 2004

Take your time

Food poisoning from Mcdonalds followed by a virus followed by a horrid essay have almost taken all my energy...but I've been bitten by the poetry bug. I'm going to have to ride on that for a while.
I'm not too sure what to say. I'm getting used to the idea even if it might be Slough (it'd make a great comedy sketch). And I've seen this comp for a Poetry Idol and even though I think my poetry is good enough, I've never read out stuff in public before and I don't know if I would fuck it up or not...no, what I would love to do is see my old friends again, especially Ria, Patrick and Smita who I haven't seen for almost a month. Halloween soon! This time I'm going to celebrate it properly. Hell, I might even over-do it, its about time I've celebrated life-I haven't this year and its been bloody miserable.
Today, I was at the computer, and I watched the rainbow fade with the rain. There was such a heavy downpour, and the sun was enough to spread a rainbow and spread from one edge of my sky to the other. And then, like a watercolour painting, it simply disappeared again, edging away, the sudden burst of colour breaking down into grey. It was depressing beautiful, like a death that has been a long time coming.
The small problem I have now is that I've been giddy and way too honest about it. I tend to have a depressed happening after this, so watch out...hehe I sound like a murkblob (depress-ed being)

No comments: