Sunday, June 27, 2004

Nothing can compare...

...To when you roll the dice and swear your love for me." (Finley Quaye, Dice)
At last, Britain is getting somewhere! Henman is in the fourth round-but its against Philippoussis,and hes pretty darn good. I love him.
I'm very annoyed. I wrote an impossibly long entry yesterday, and then my computer gave up on me before I got a chance to publish...it was all very happy and I wanted people see that Hey! I can be happy...

Anyhow, yesterday was about getting my life and my summer organized. I'm part of this agency called Childrens express. It's Ok, and its very journalistic. I hadn't been down to Islington since February and so I wanted to make a good impression. Of course, my Dad is annoyingly blaze about my passions andwe were half an hour late and practically missed the whole thing. I didn't want to just be in and out so I searched for stories and stuff to do. Its strange because I've been there for three years and yet I've never done a proper story-just some roundtable discussions. So, I ended up talking with this guy called Samir about all sorts of politics. It was nice to hear someone so focussed and uncondescending, so young. Plans: HIV conference on Ria's birthday (20th July), and I'm working with Samir and Fikir on that one. Then maybe an article on cultural identity. Sorry, my brother's talking again..:why do I bother? He thinks hes soo impressive, and I feel when I hear him talk, that I've just heard all this crap, all before.

Tomorrow: hopefully, I'm really praying here, my last day in school before August-I have to find all sorts of teachers and I'm finally talking to my therapist about the last two weeks. I'm sure she'll have lots to say. Then i leave, and find a comfy job washing dishes, and do...stuff. I'm a feeling a lot stronger.

1 comment:

Serialangel said...

Post Your Comments Here!