Saturday, June 19, 2004

Quickie

This is quick as I'm supposed to go to bed very soon. The walks tomorrow and I'm...excited and nervous. People are telling me I should prepare but I can walk for two hours...my Dad didn't know anything apart from that it was a walk and it was for charity. Now he's driving me down-to meet my internet friend, Alice. She's genuine, we got out loads but its really weird cos we met on GYUK...but no, everything should be OK. I am 16, he can't truly tell me what to do, but I should trust him more...

Today was hard. I was really happy in the morning despite my brother waking me at 5am because he was drunk and he had lost his keys. I slept till 10am and listened to Portishead-they're fantastic-I find they are all these songs I've heard snippets of in programmes but you never know who they actually are...
The day went down afterwards. I was trying to revise why all the Germans fell for Hitler in the 1930s (= extreme solutions for extreme situations...the way things are going, this sort of thing could happen in Britain in a few years...) and I felt so, deflated. Depressed. I was listening to Evanescence (mistake) and I just wanted to cry and cut, but today it was a 'no more tears' day because I can't just cry all the freaking time, I gotta be strong sometimes. So I ached to reach for my scissor god instead. I solved that easily, and just forced myself to work and keep still. Eventually Dad saved me and we did DIY for my Aunty Bev...

I was worried because my Mum came over yesterday. I do love her, but its not the same way of a mother-daughter relationship: we never fight, but we never have any really really special moments either. I can't see myself knowing her after I leave home. I don't know what to do with a stale relationship. I barely know her and her me. I should be sad, but she's not really a mum-never was. She's mother, but I don't call her that.

Unfortunately, that doesn't stop her having mother's intuition. She looked into my eyes and she could tell I was struggling, because I felt so cold inside (still do-kinda stale). She asked if I was Ok, and of course I lied with a medium-sized smile on my ugly face. Just because I'm on the verge of collapse, madness, fucked-up-ness or whatever it is, doesn't mean I've lost the ability to act. I do what I have to and cry when no one is looking.

I haven't lost this battle yet. Not by a long shot. I still haven't cut and I don't plan to. I have a charity walk. I have exams. I have to come out to my family. I have to live my life and become everything I've dreamed of. Cutting, is not a part of it. Just gotta stay positive...somehow.
Later! Any Walk Of Life ppl-I'll see you inthe National Theatre!

2 comments:

Serialangel said...

Post your Quotes here! :)

CarpeDM said...

Stay away from depressing music! I'm serious. It can be great when you need a catharsis but if you're already seriously depressed, it will not help. Try Maroon 5. They make even me want to dance.

It is the nature of mothers and daughters to not understand each other. I know this, I'm 37 and my mom still doesn't get me. Or I don't get her. Whatever. But your mother can see something's going on. Please, please talk to someone - at least before you do start cutting again.

Serialangel, life isn't easy by any stretch of the imagination...when I was your age I thought of Death all the time. But it does get better. I'm living proof. Now I have great friends and that makes the dark times okay. Good luck, I'll be praying for you. I'd like to put your blog up as one of my links, if that's okay with you. Let me know.